There are going to be some changes in the format of Genesis Zero and Salt of the Earth Productions. Please note, the following are not set in stone; changes will continue to be made as I fine-tune and get permissions and such.
The past few years I’ve been trying to hit on the best format for classes and productions, so things are going to get reshuffled again.
1. Classes will continue to be Mondays in Sherwood. However, there will only be TWO classes; one at 12:30-2:00, and a longer one at 2:30-4:30.
2. Each class will be split into a 9 week (ish) unit. The first nine weeks will be Beginners and Intermediate, the next will be Pre-Beginner (ages 4-9) and Intermediate, and the next will be Advanced and Intermediate.
I have Intermediate in every unit, because any level can comfortably take the class without being too overwhelmed or alternately bored. This format is subject to change.
3. I also hope to teach a class in Gales Creek or Forest Grove. This first year would be similar to the first years of GZ; one class only, open to all levels, ages 8-18. This would likely be held on Fridays, 3:30-5:00 or 4:00-5:30.
4. Classes would finish at the end of January. Production will begin in February, with rehearsals being held 2 nights a week.
5. Productions will take place in Gales Creek or Forest Grove, NOT in Sherwood. We can’t seem to find any place to perform in that area, and it’s difficult to rehearse in Sherwood, then move to Gales Creek to perform.
6. I’m looking to get more people involved in the leadership aspect. I’d like a teacher’s assistant for the Gales Creek class, and we also need production members for the musicals.
Production leadership may include; Directors, Choreographers, Tech crew, Costumers, Pianist, Stage Manager, Promotions Manager, House Manager, etc.
7. I would like to have a dance night, similar to the dance parties at the Tigard Dance Company (but on a smaller scale). I’m thinking Monday nights, 7-9, at the Sparrow Ballroom (pending confirmation) in Forest Grove.
This would include a brief lesson, then open floor until 9:00.
If anyone is interested in helping out with that (i.e., sound, set-up, dance instructors), let me know if you’re interested.
If you have any questions or suggestions, and/or are interested in helping out with anything, comment below or send me an email (please note new SOTE email address: email@example.com). Keep an eye out for a new SOTE Pro. website!